A community of believers, sharing life in Christ together, locally, and around the world

The Old Stone Church - Regional Road #15, 1/2 km east of Highway 12 - Beaverton, Ontario, Canada

 

Open Sundays in July & August from 2:00-4:00 p.m.

Plaque Text:

 

This building, constructed between 1840 and 1853 by the congregation of St. Andrew's, is remarkable both for its beauty and excellent state of preservation. The aesthetic appeal of this modest Presbyterian church derives mainly from its balanced proportions, the elegant simplicity of its stonework, and its finely detailed windows. Inside, the horseshoe gallery, raised pulpit, and box pews have survived virtually unchanged since the 1860s. A fine example of local craftmanship, this is one of the few intact vernacular stone churches now remaining in Canada.

Ulster Accordion Band at the Old Stone Church, Easter Sunrise Service (March 27, 2016), Beaverton, Ontario